It’s time to talk about one of our favorite subjects again: snacks! Here we’ve put together a list of some of our heavenly treats to eat during these frigid winter months. These snack ideas aren’t just great for snow days, they’re great for any day you’d like to provide a fun and tasty bonding experience for you and your kids.
Everyone loves hot cocoa and pumpkin pie, but let’s take a step outside the box and explore some snacks that are quick, simple, and most of all delicious. After your son or daughter gobbles up one of these scrumptious and healthy snacks, potato chips and popcorn will become a thing of the past. Remember, while these treats are delicious and fun to make, they do not replace the importance of three well-balanced daily meals.
- Easy Snowman Snack. We’re not going to lie, our initial reason for including this snack idea was because we misread “easy” as “sassy.” That said, we are still in love with how cute and yummy these look.
- String Cheese Snowmen. This snowman packs a bit of protein into his cute little features, and is a great treat year-round. If you want to add a little more color, string cheese is now available in strawberry and fruit punch. (Mom and Dad, hopefully, those flavored string cheeses taste better than they sound?)
- Watermelon Christmas Tree. Wouldn’t it be great if watermelons grew on trees (Christmas or otherwise)? Well, maybe not, but here’s a cute and simple way of adding a little extra fun to a healthy treat most children already love.
- Sledding Penguins. Most penguins slide on their bellies, but these adorable little guys prefer to go sledding on a tasty chocolate-dipped frozen banana. Sledding penguins make for a great morning snack and are a strong source of potassium.
- Egg Snowman. Typically, you would never hear the words eggs and snowmen mentioned in the same sentence, but after seeing and tasting one of these, you won’t be able to stop talking about them. And neither will your kids.
- Liquid Love (Snickerdoodle Hot Cocoa). There is absolutely nothing more satisfying than a nice big cup of homemade hot cocoa on a cold winter day … until you try a sip of this Liquid Love of course. After a long hard day of playing in the snow, what better way to warm your child's rosy red cheeks than with this sweet delight?