Remember, then, that you received a spiritual seal, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of knowledge and reverence, the spirit of holy fear. Keep safe what you received. God the Father sealed you, Christ the Lord strengthened you and sent the Spirit into your hearts as the pledge of what is to come.
– Saint Ambrose
During this time of transition in the Archdiocese, the OEEC is prepared to offer assistance in developing and implementing any and all parish programs.
For those who are prepared to offer Adult Confirmation classes:
- We ask that you keep our office informed regarding your Adult Confirmation class offerings, as we get a large number of inquiries and would like to direct those inquirers to their [nearest] parish.
- If you currently/plan to run Adult Confirmation classes, please fill out the brief survey linked here so that we may keep updated records of what is available throughout the Archdiocese.
For those adults looking to make the sacrament of Confirmation:
- Please be in contact with your local parish. They are the first point of contact, and many either run their own classes or are preparing to do so.
- The OEEC will be coordinating the Adult Confirmation ceremonies in the fall, but not running classes outside of parishes.
Classes being offered throughout the Archdiocese:
Church of the Assumption (Ansonia)
Tuesdays (October 3 - March 27)
Contact: Deacon Larry Yergeau
Saint Thomas Seminary (Bloomfield)
Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 PM (September 20-November 1)
Contact: Nicole M. Perone, Archdiocesan Director of Adult Faith Formation
Phone: 860-242-5573 x2677
Saint Martin of Tours (Canaan)
Saturdays (August 26 - March 10)
Contact: Fr. Iain Highet, Pastor
Our Lady Queen of Angels -Holy Angels Campus (Meriden)
Sundays (September 17-November 5)
Contact: Anabel Pagan, RCIA Coordinator
Saint Vincent Ferrer (Naugatuck)
Saturdays from 8 AM-10 AM
(September 9, 23, 30; October 7, 14, 28)
Contact: Mrs. Jessica Mulligan, DRE
Saint Anthony (Prospect)
September 7 - November 2, 2017
Contact: Deacon Domenic Stolfi
Saint Francis Xavier (Waterbury)
Tuesdays in the spring (February 13 - March 27)
Contact: Mrs. Laurie Ciarello, DRE
Saint Anthony (New Haven)
October 6-January 22
Contact: Ana Vasquez
Our Lady of Victory (West Haven)
Mondays (September 11-October 23)
Contact: Sr. Beata Tiboldi, OP
Fall Adult Confirmation Ceremony
Those confirmandi being catechized in the fall may be confirmed at the Adult Confirmation ceremony taking place on Monday, November 6 at 7:00 p.m. at Saint Thomas Seminary, Bloomfield.
- Archbishop Leonard P. Blair will be the celebrant.
- Confirmandi and sponsors should arrive by 6:15 p.m. for a brief rehearsal.
- The sacrament of Confirmation will be recorded at the parish of Saint Timothy in West Hartford.
A registration form, linked here, should be filled out for any confirmandi attending the ceremony. This is helpful for our office to plan for attendance at the ceremony. Catechists are responsible for collating sacramental records and other such required paperwork.
All questions, comments, or concerns should be directed to:
Nicole M. Perone
Archdiocesan Director of Adult Faith Formation