Remember, then, that you received a spiritual seal, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of knowledge and reverence, the spirit of holy fear. Keep safe what you received. God the Father sealed you, Christ the Lord strengthened you and sent the Spirit into your hearts as the pledge of what is to come.
– Saint Ambrose
Although the school year/year of pastoral activities has come to a close, we know that summer is prime time for preparing for the 2017-2018 year, and it sure flies by.
We also know that interest in Adult Confirmation classes is fairly consistent throughout the year, and the OEEC often receives inquiries regarding classes.
To that end, it is our hope that parishes will feel prepared to catechize adults for the sacrament of Confirmation as the need arises in their respective communities. The OEEC would like to aid in this time of transition by training those who catechize adults in parishes to offer Adult Confirmation classes, and continuing to offer a group Adult Confirmation ceremony.
For those who currently run Adult Confirmation classes, or plan to for the fall:
- We ask that you keep our office informed regarding your Adult Confirmation class offerings, as we get a large number of inquiries and would like to direct those inquirers to their [nearest] parish.
- If you currently/plan to run Adult Confirmation classes, please fill out the brief survey linked here so that we may keep updated records of what is available throughout the Archdiocese.
For those who would like to begin facilitating Adult Confirmation classes at their parish:
- The OEEC is pleased to offer assistance in equipping those responsible (pastors, deacons, RCIA coordinators, DREs, etc.) to run classes this fall (September-November), leading up to a combined Adult Confirmation ceremony on November 6, 2017 at Saint Thomas Seminary, Bloomfield, CT with Archbishop Leonard P. Blair.
- If you would like to run Adult Confirmation classes and wish to attend one of our training workshops, please register by filling out this form and choosing your workshop location – we plan to offer them in the “north” and “south” parts of the Archdiocese, as well as “east of the river,” assuming interest merits those.
For those adults looking to make the sacrament of Confirmation:
- Please be in contact with your local parish. They are the first point of contact, and many either run their own classes or are preparing to do so.
- The OEEC will be coordinating the Adult Confirmation ceremony in the fall, but not running classes outside of parishes.
Classes being offered throughout the Archdiocese:
Church of the Assumption (Ansonia)
Tuesdays (beginning October 3 and ending March 27)
Contact: Deacon Larry Yergeau
Saint Vincent Ferrer (Naugatuck)
Saturdays from 8 AM-10 AM
(September 9, 23, 30; October 7, 14, 28)
Contact: Mrs. Jessica Mulligan, DRE
Saint Anthony (Prospect)
September 7-November 2, 2017
Contact: Deacon Domenic Stolfi
Saint Francis Xavier (Waterbury)
Tuesdays in the spring (beginning February 13 and ending March 27)
Contact: Mrs. Laurie Ciarello, DRE
All questions, comments, or concerns should be directed to:
Nicole M. Perone
Archdiocesan Director of Adult Faith Formation