Archdiocesan Summa Scholar Award
Congratulations to the following students who were awarded the
Archdiocesan Summa Scholar Award.
April 24, 2017
East Catholic High School, Manchester
Peter Crowley, Madison DiBella, Jillian Ferrigno, Shannon Leary, Stephanie Lewis, David Mantese, Amelia Ockert, Longxu Pan, Audrey Pion, Anthony Ragazzi
Holy Cross High School, Waterbury
Antonio D'Amelio, Katherine Flaherty, Patrick McMahon, Tess Oatley, Andrea Pettinico, Gillian Russo
Lauralton Hall, Millford
Sara Abbazia, Rachelle Ambroise, Gabriela Baghdady, Kathryn Blanco, Katherine Canavan, Olivia Rubin
Northwest Catholic High School, West Hartford
John Allen, Rachel Conover, Brendan Gill, Katharine Jessen, Sarah Jessen, Taylor Pane, Natalie Smith, Allyson Voelker
Notre Dame High School, West Haven
Zachary Bilcheck, Andrew Biondi, Miguel Corzo, Paul DeBassio, Samarth Kasbawala, Gino Pagliaro, Charles Sedore
Sacred Heart Academy, Hamden
Caroline Berberian, Abigail Kelly, Elizabeth Lamont, Sara Martin, Alysse Mastriano, Catherine Valloso
Sacred Heart High School, Waterbury
Brianna Cyr, Alfred Deleon, Emily Galvao, Benjamin Gomes, Rachel Guay
St. Paul Catholic High School, Bristol
Jaymie Bianca, Benjamin Czuprinski, Meagan Mulcahy, Nicholas Palumbo, Jordan Silva
- For the Archdiocese of Hartford Office of Education, Evangelization and Cathechesis to personally recognize the students, parents, and teachers who have committed exceptional time, energy, care, and love in the pursuit of superior academic achievement.
- To recognize Catholic elementary or secondary teachers selected by the summa scholar. Each teacher selected has dedicated his/her life to education and has made an impression on the summa scholar’s academic success.
Qualifications and invitation of the summa:
- The summa scholar represents the top 5% of his/her graduating class in terms of outstanding academic achievement from freshman year to the close of the first semester senior year, based on the cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- The summa scholar recipient may be a transfer student.
- The President/Principal of the high school identifies the summa scholar to the Superintendent.
Qualification and invitation of the teacher:
- Each honored student selects one teacher from a Catholic elementary or secondary school in the Archdiocese of Hartford to be recognized.
- The Superintendent will send an invitational letter to the teacher to attend the Summa Scholar Award and Reception.
Awards and Reception:
- The Provost for Education, Evangelization and Catechesis and Superintendent of Catholic Schools presents a medallion engraved with the crest of the Archdiocese of Hartford to the summa scholar.
- The summa scholar presents an Archdiocesan certificate of recognition to the teacher.
- Photo opportunities will be available.
- A reception follows the award ceremony.