On Behalf of Anne Clubb, Director of Director of Community Engagement:
Schools that have not yet submitted photographs to be included in the promotional video highlighting remote learning in the Archdiocese of Hartford must submit them by July 10
to Anne Clubb via Anne.Clubb@aohct.org
. Each school may send two high resolution photos (with parental approval) depicting students engaged in remote learning from home. We are also interested in obtaining administrator feedback on how successful their school’s remote learning has been. To share your input, use this link to a very brief survey
On Behalf of Kelly Henderschedt, Archdiocesan Director of Catechesis:
Attention Parish Faith Formation Leaders
Many of you have been suggesting the creation of a Facebook Group for those who minister in faith formation at parishes and Catholic schools throughout the Archdiocese of Hartford. It would be a helpful way to share best practices, innovative ideas and creative problem solving strategies. Good news! That group has been created and you can join by searching: Faith Formation Parish Leaders at OEEC.
Theme-Based Virtual Deanery Meetings for Parish Faith Formation Leaders
In the month of July there will be several deanery meetings that you are all invited to attend. Each meeting will involve conversation centered on a dedicated topic. Click here
for links to these virtual meetings. Please see schedule below:
- Family Faith Formation, July 9, 10:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. This gathering will focus on ways to help entire families encounter Jesus and grow in faith together. Ideas for both in person and virtual models will be discussed.
- Utilizing Playlists for Faith Formation, July 15, 10:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. At this meeting we will delve deeper into the concept of using curated content to help evangelize households and lift up the domestic church. Some tips for creating a user-friendly website will also be covered at this meeting.
- Evangelizing Catechesis, July 29, 10:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. Recognizing that catechesis is most effective with evangelized disciples, this conversation will focus on ways to look at evangelization as the precursor to catechesis and how the kerygma is the essential element in this process.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level III: Catechist Formation Course Starts July 20!
We are blessed to be able to begin the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: Formation Course for Level III
starting July 20
. There are a few slots left, please register as soon as possible to join our cohort. Click here
for the dates, details and the registration form.
Announcement: Mark Your Calendars for MISSIO!
Missio 2020 will be a virtual event on September 19, 2020. The day will include a keynote speaker, workshops and prayer, and will be partnered with Youth Ministry Accompaniment Day. More details to follow!
On Behalf of Laura McCaffrey, Assistant to the Provost:
Coronavirus Act, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
Local Educational Agencies (LEA) provide equitable services to students and teachers in non-public schools under the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund and the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund.
- Principals, talk with your LEA and find out which formula they are using to calculate your school’s portion of the CARES Act.
- The federal law created the CARES Act which grants funds to each state based on total Title I enrollments. The law requires the State Department of Education (SDE) to distribute the funds to public school districts based on total Title I counts, so that under-served districts receive more help overall.
- The school district is then able to use the funds on all students if it chooses, and if any money is spent to benefit non-Title I students in the public schools, then the public school district has to provide funds to nonpublic schools based on the proportion of total enrollments.
Please send Laura McCaffrey
a copy of the participation form from your LEA when you receive your CARES ACT distribution amount.
VEX IQ Robot Leagues for the 2020 - 2021 School Year
Please contact Laura McCaffrey
if your school is interested in joining the Archdiocese of Hartford VEX IQ Robot Leagues.
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Summer Professional Development
is offering a three-week summer learning academy to enhance your online teaching skills for only $20! Online learning experts will help you build the skills to be successful in the fall, whether you’re teaching in a blended or online learning environment. This is an online learning support for K-12 educators in a flexible format that works for you! This is a great opportunity for both principals and teachers. For more information check out summerlearningacademy.iste.org
Digital Resource Page: Distance Learning
Summer is the perfect time to continue to improve your digital literacy. The OEEC invites you to continue to explore the Distance Learning Page
of our website. Be sure to check back often as this page is updated with new information, webinars, videos and other helpful resources.
On Behalf of Frank Johnson, IT Director at Saint Bridget School in Cheshire
The CREC Cooperative Purchasing Marketplace
Schools looking to save time and money are invited to explore the CREC marketplace
. CREC brings together the buying power of school districts, municipalities, and non-profit organizations offering numerous savings opportunities. The CREC marketplace
provides an opportunity for your organization to get the best value for supplies by purchasing through our pre-negotiated contracts. The marketplace
brings the ease and convenience of ordering from multiple vendors on one site, while knowing that the contracts you are purchasing from have been chosen according to approved purchasing regulations. The Archdiocese of Hartford schools are a participating member of this organization and we encourage schools to take advantage of this unique opportunity. For more information, please contact Laura McCaffrey
Approved Vendors for Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) supplies from the State of CT
In preparation for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year, please see this Excel spreadsheet
(downloadable file) with the Archdiocese of Hartford’s approved vendor list to purchase PPE supplies for your school or parish. Please contact Laura McCaffrey
if you have any questions or concerns.
Eagle Environmental, Inc.
will continue to schedule asbestos inspections of school buildings through the summer months. Please continue to work with Helen Rimsa at Eagle Environmental to schedule your asbestos inspection this summer! This is an essential service required by the CT Department of Public Health and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Any questions on asbestos inspections please contact Laura McCaffrey