This time of uncertainty has upended many good plans for faith formation, RCIA preparation, youth ministry, and parish observances - not to mention the closure of schools which has moved the education and sacramental preparation of children to the digital sphere.
However, a time of physical distancing does not inhibit our abilities to draw closer to God in prayer and to one another, whether in our homes or virtually.
First, the Archbishop has issued several directives regarding COVID-19. It is imperative that anyone responsible for parish life review this most recent guidance, available at this link.
Additionally, the OEEC has issued a guidance document for matters of faith formation in these times. If you are responsible for faith formation or sacramental preparation, we recommend reviewing this document.
Finally, the OEEC has curated an extensive amount of resource specific to different ministries and demographics which we hope are helpful in engaging the domestic Church and deepening all of our spiritual lives. Please click through the resources below, organized by demographic or use this quick links:
(Please note: some will open as separate web-pages for you to look at.)
- Coronavirus-Specific Prayers
- Coronavirus-Specific Resources and Reflections
- On-Line Resources for Everyone
- Catechetical Leaders and Catechists
- Catholic School Teachers
- For Parents
- For Children
- For Teens
- RCIA Teams
- Youth Ministers
- Praying With God's Word
If you have any resources you would like us to consider adding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Coronavirus-specific Prayers and Resources
The COVID-19 virus forces us to grapple with a difficult reality. Amid self-isolation and “stay-at-home” orders, an increasing number of people are experiencing sickness and death separated from other people. This resource from Liturgical Press in English and Spanish strives to offer some concrete ways to pray, heal, and grieve together when we are physically apart.
El virus COVID-19 nos obliga a lidiar con una realidad difícil. En medio del autoaislamiento y las órdenes de "quedarse en casa", un número creciente de personas experimentan enfermedades y muertes separadas de familia y amigos. Este recurso de Liturgical Press en inglés y español se esfuerza por ofrecer algunas formas concretas de orar, sanar y llorar juntos cuando estamos físicamente separados.
A Coronavirus Prayer from America Media
COVID-19: Discerning A Path to God from the Jesuits
"Discernment in the Cave," a digital retreat for a pandemic from the Jesuits
Ignatian Examen for Life During COVID-19, available in 6 languages from Ignatian Solidarity Network
Pope Francis’ Prayer To Mary in the Time of Coronavirus from Catholic News Service
The Why and How of Making A Spiritual Communion from Our Sunday Visitor
- Leadership Roundtable has compiled helpful suggestions and resources for parish management during this current crisis. Click here.
- For an outstanding resource intended to inspire and equip Catholic Parishes to respond to the challenges of COVID, visit Divine Renovation and request the free resource kit here.
- The Catholic Apostolate Center has assembled excellent resources for parishes as well as specific webinars, suggestions and resources around the ministry of accompaniment during these days of isolation.
- Here is a simple, excellent guide for using Facebook to strengthen your faith community at this time, Faith on Facebook Toolkit.
- Celebrating Mass at Home is a one page guide to help you can share with parish households who attend Mass virtually during these days of social distancing. (Downloads a PDF)
- A simple guide to accompanying people during their grief at this time can be found here, Coping with Grief during COVID-19.
Resources and Reflections:
- 10 Ways to Survive (and Thrive) Through Days of Quarantine from CatholicMom
- 20 Stress-Relieving Activities To Do At Home with Kids from In Honor of Design
- A Coronavirus Response Lesson from Loyola Press
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety from Shine
- Catholic During COVID-19 from LifeTeen
- Faith in the Time of Coronavirus from America Media
- Faith-fully Navigating Coronavirus with Your Kids, in English and in Spanish
- Helping Kids Cope with the Coronavirus Outbreak from TeachingCatholicKids.com
- In This Together: A Resource Guide for Families During Coronavirus Quarantine by the Catholic Apostolate Center
- Life under lockdown: 8 ways to handle staying at home from US Catholic
- Self-Care for Healthy Ministry Resources from the Catholic Apostolate Center
- Social Distancing: What Would Jesus Do? From One-Minute Jesuit
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus from the Child Mind Institute
Online Resources for Everyone
Bayard’s “Living with Christ” provides the texts of the Sunday liturgies free of charge as an aid to worship.
Busted Halo is a popular resource full of videos, podcasts, blogs, and other resources to help you grow in your faith.
The Catholic Apostolate Center has prepared a Resource Center including podcasts and blogs, prayers and webinars, and more to deepen your spiritual life during this time.
Catholic Mom has a great compilation of resources for every season.
Dynamic Catholic has collated their resources:
Lifelong Catechesis from Our Sunday Visitor uses the Sunday readings to offer reflections, stories of saints, and other activities week by week.
Liturgical Press has made the digital version of “Give Us This Day” available.
Loyola Press’ 3-Minute Retreats are a popular resource for taking a short prayer break right at your computer. Spend some quiet time reflecting on a Scripture passage.
Loyola Press also provides Sunday Connections to unpack the Sunday Scripture.
Magnificat is now offering complimentary access to its online edition, as well as iOS and Android apps throughout May. This is available in both English and Spanish.
The USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) offers the following prayer-deepening resources:
The Word Among Us, with the help of the USCCB, is providing complimentary access to the daily Mass readings and their entire website to help people pray from home