Word of God Sunday
“The relationship between the Risen Lord, the community of believers and sacred Scripture is essential to our identity as Christians. Without the Lord who opens our minds to them, it is impossible to understand the Scriptures in depth. Yet the contrary is equally true: without the Scriptures, the events of the mission of Jesus and of his Church in this world would remain incomprehensible.”
Resources for the Sunday of the Word of God
January 24, 2021
- Note on the Sunday of the Word of God (Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments)
- Liturgical - Pastoral Resources 2021 (Vatican)
- Sunday of the Word of God 2021 - activities
- Resources for the Sunday of the Word of God - downloadable document
- Creating a Bible Corner in your Home
- Promotional Materials (Includes logo, posters in English and Spanish, flyers)
Resources from Stephen J. Binz
- Bible Enthronement Ceremony in English and Spanish
- Blessing of Bibles
- Word of God Sunday Announcement for pulpit, bulletin, newsletters, and social media
Lectionary-Based Scripture Studies
- Scripture Basics: A Catechist’s Guide by Margaret Nutting Ralph.
Group Study – Basic Resources for Those Just Starting Out
- Making Sense of the Bible in the Catholic Tradition.
- The Bible Blueprint by Joe Paprocki. Loyola Press offers a free Leader’s Guide to assist you to plan and guide a group study.
- Opening activity
- Scripting to assist facilitators
- Small groups interaction
- Discussion questions
- Further resource recommendations
- Closing lectio divina prayer
Notre Dame’s STEP / McGrath Institute for Church Life
Little Rock Scripture Study offers powerful resources for individual or group Bible study. The three-week Alive in the Word studies are brief but pack a punch to invigorate your spiritual life! Longer programs are also available. Check them all out at https://littlerockscripture.org/.
Threshold Bible Study introduces biblical themes and books for individual or group Bible Study: http://www.twentythirdpublications.com/thbist1.html