What’s in Your New Year’s Resolutions?Generally speaking our New Year’s resolutions last about 30 days, and are geared toward self-improvement – eat less, exercise regularly, spend time with friends and family, and develop a hobby. Perhaps working for peace would result in that contentedness and self-fulfillment we all seek. Here are some thoughts on how to enhance your faith in the new year.
- Read a bible passage or article from USCCB website or read about the life of a saint each day.
- Encounter and accompany a friend or young adult or new member of your parish in need of direction or encouragement in difficult times.
- Serve a group of underserved people by practicing Catholic Social Teaching. Find the living Christ in them.
- Organize a book group to discuss bible passages, or books such as The Joy of the Gospel, by Pope Francis.
- Look for opportunities to exercise patience, charity, and assist others to help another person succeed.
- Voice your support and love of your faith.
- Enliven your faith by becoming active in your Church. Volunteer to become a lector, Minister of the Holy Eucharist, or catechist for young people in faith formation.