ELM: Parish Accompaniment
Developing Vibrant and Vital Lifelong Faith Formation for All Ages & Generations
This process provides the training, coaching, support, and resources that will help your parish. . .
- create a new lifelong parish plan for faith formation that is lifelong—from children though older adults, that builds on your current strengths, and provides a trajectory for continuing growth and development
- engage all ages and generations in the life of the parish community
- nurture faith at home, develop family faith practices, and enable parents and grandparents as faith formers of their children
- design dynamic faith formation experiences for children, youth, and adults
- develop approaches for reaching and engaging people who are uninvolved and unaffiliated
- design faith formation that effectively uses digital media and methods to engage families and all ages in learning and faith growth
The Parish Accompaniment Project incorporates a number of services to support your work of developing a plan for lifelong faith formation that works for your parish.
- Two One-Day Workshops to provide the knowledge, skills, and processes in the following areas:
- Envisioning Lifelong Faith Formation in Parishes
- Developing a Plan for Lifelong Faith Formation
- Designing New Projects in Lifelong Faith Formation
- Coaching and Support on site at your parish to assist in creating and implementing a plan
- Tools and Resources for designing and implementing lifelong faith formation, available online
December 16, 2019 Applications due
January 4, 2020 Workshop #1: Envisioning Lifelong Faith Formation
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
- Assessing Strengths and Areas for Growth
- Researching the Needs of Target Audiences
February 22, 2020 Workshop #2: Developing and designing a plan for Lifelong Faith Formation
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
February – Spring Homework: Design Work
March – May Onsite Parish visits for coaching and consultations
Fall 2020 Parish Implementation of Projects
Winter – Spring 2021 Evaluating Progress and Impact
The Parish Accompaniment Project began in March 2018 with the first cohort of parishes.
Each participating parish develops a Lifelong Faith Formation Team to participate in the workshops, engage in design work, and implement new projects. This team includes the pastor, parish catechetical leadership, Catholic school leadership, youth and young adult ministry leadership, adult faith formation and RCIA leadership.
The Parish Accompaniment Project will be guided by John Roberto, who will conduct the workshops and parish visits, in coordination with the OEEC faith formation staff. John is on the Vibrant Faith Leadership Team where he serves as the coordinator of training services. His latest publications include Families at the Center of Faith Formation, Seasons of Adult Faith Formation, Reimagining Faith Formation for the 21st Century, Generations Together, and Faith Formation 2020. He is the founder of LifelongFaith Associates in 2006 and the Center for Ministry Development in 1978. He has worked in Christian ministry and Catholic faith formation for 50 years. He lives in Naugatuck, CT.
For more information contact:
Archdiocesan Director of Catechesis