Religious Emblems Activity Booklets Due Date
All booklets need to be submitted to the Office of Education, Evangelization and Catechesis by April 1 in order to be eligible for this year’s awards ceremony. The fees are listed below. Please make checks out to Office of Education, Evangelization and Catechesis or OEEC. The committee will review all applications before a letter announcing the award and other information will be sent home. If you have any questions, please E-Mail Jennifer McClintock at Jennifer.McClintock@aohct.org.
God is Love (Girl Scouts) $10.00
Family of God (Girl Scouts) $10.00
Light of Christ (Boy Scouts) $10.00
Parvuli Dei (Boy Scouts) $10.00
Mary, the First Disciple (Girl Scouts) $15.00
Ad Altare Dei (Boy Scouts) $15.00
Spirit Alive (Girl Scouts) $15.00
Pope Pius XII (Boy Scouts) $15.00
Parent Pins are available for all Boy Scout emblems and are an additional $4.00 each.
Archdiocese of Hartford - Catholic Committee on Scouting
The Catholic Committee on Scouting was established to promote the spiritual, citizenship and character development of Catholics involved in either the Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts program. Scouting is recognized as a very important part of the Youth Ministry program within the Archdiocese of Hartford. The Catholic Committee is responsible for:
- Promotion and assistance in training of Catholic youth and adults.
- Promotion of religious emblems programs and recognition.
- Training of religious emblems counselors and leaders in spiritual development.
- Promotion of scouting as a youth ministry for parishes.
- Providing spiritual enrichment for scouts through various activities.
- Recognition of those who have both completed spiritual enrichment programs and those who have given so much of their time and talent.
- Documenting all those who have been trained,attended functions and received recognition.
- Working with other departments of the Office of Education, Evangelization and Catechesis and the scouting community to help fulfill the needs of our youth and leaders.
The Office of Education, Evangelization and Catechesis (OEEC) and Catholic Committee on Scouting have materials and services available to promote and enhance the programs within the Archdiocese. The goal of this committee is to enrich and nurture the spiritual needs of our scouts and leaders. Catholic Scouting plays an important role in the development of our children’s relationship with the Lord and with His Church. We are grateful for our scout leaders and for their many hours of work and dedication. We hope that more of our youth and adults become involved in Catholic Scouting. We also pray that almighty God may continue to bless the work of this important ministry.
For more information on Catholic Scouting Awards for both girls and boys, click here.
Jennifer McClintock, Archdiocesan Coordinator of Catholic Scouting
Jennifer.McClintock@aohct.org or 860-242-5573
John Meakin, Jr. , Boy Scout Committee Chair