Confirmation for Youth
“You are helping people prepare to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation. Perhaps you are doing this because you have experienced the Holy Spirit in your own life—in the quiet of your heart, in the power of your speech, or in the confidence of your faith. You believe that the Spirit dwells within you, and you are anxious to help others experience the same gifts. Thank you for offering your service to the Church.”
(Guide for Celebrating Confirmation, Paul Turner, ix.)
Attention Confirmation Coordinators:
Attention Confirmation Coordinators:
- The following message went out to Priests from the Archbishop’s Office: Spring Confirmation Information for Priests: Information is being requested from Pastors planning to have Confirmation ceremonies in the Spring of 2021. Please use the Confirmation Information Form and Request for the Faculty to Confirm Form as needed to provide all required information. The deadline for submitting paperwork is February 25, 2021.
- Kevin Dowd just released a new book called Your Confirmation Bible Companion: What Scripture as ‘God’s Love Song’ Means for You. This book is geared towards Confirmation students and teens and is a user-friendly guide to understanding how Catholics read and interpret the Bible. The book includes questions for reflection and space for journaling.
Parish Program Guidelines
“Sacrament of Confirmation: Recommendations for Parish Program Guidelines” are recommendations offered by the faith formation team of the OEEC in regards to preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation for adolescents in parish communities within the Archdiocese of Hartford. These recommendations are a direct result of the many innovative ideas, common suggestions, and overwhelming concerns brought to the attention of the OEEC staff by numerous clergy, parish directors of religious education, catechists, parents, and youth ministers. It is our hope that these recommendations assist all pastors and parish catechetical leaders in the planning and implementation of a solid and fruitful Confirmation preparation program for adolescents, and that this catechetical ministry helps parish communities form faithful missionary disciples of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Virtual Confirmation Retreats
- Trinita is now offering Virtual Confirmation Retreats during this time of uncertainty. They will be led by Retreat Director Steve DiMotta and will include everything that the dynamic day retreats offer. Click here for a flyer or contact the Director Steven DiMotta for more information.
In-Person Confirmation Retreats
These are some retreats that are being offered around the Archdiocese. Be sure to take advantage of these awesome retreat opportunities!
- Holy Family Passionist Retreat Center – West Hartford
- Click here to learn more about Holy Family retreats.
- Trinita Retreat Center – New Hartford (Both In-Person and Virtual Retreats)
- Click here to learn more about Trinita Retreat Center.
Rooting Youth Service Experiences: A Practical Guide
Engaging youth in service experiences is one of the most effective ways to help young people encounter Jesus Christ. Such opproutnies are formative in their catechesis and faith formation, which plants a seed for a deep love for the corporal and spiritual works of mercy. The Office of Education, Evangelization and Catechesis and the Office for Catholic Social Justice Ministry have put together a comprehensive and interactive guide entitled "Rooting Youth Service Experiences: A Practical Guide” This guide will help you design effective and meaningful opportunities for the youth you serve.
For a list of recommended speakers, please contact Kelly Henderschedt. Please be sure to have all guest speakers fill out the OEEC Testimonial of Suitability Form. Please keep one copy for your own parish records and send one copy to the OEEC.
For more information contact:
Archdiocesan Director of Faith Formation
860-242-5573 ext. 2663