~Pope Francis, Letter from Pope Francis to the People of God
August 20, 2018
Directives for Returning to In-Person Gatherings
Please click here for information about returning to in-person catechesis this fall. Click here for Directivies for Return to In Person Faith Formation and click here to access the template for completing your parish action plan if you are choosing to gather children in person this fall.
Upcoming Event: Christus Vivit Virtual Study Group
The OEEC will be breaking open Christus Vivit, the apostolic exhortation of Pope Francis to young people and to the entire people of God. This document challenges each of us to consider the ways we can serve young people enthusiastically and joyfully, and invites them into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and the Church.
All who have a heart for serving young people (both youth and young adults) and engaging them in the life of the Church are invited to attend!
We especially invite all those who work with young people.
If you have ever said “Where are all the young people??” or “I wish we had more young people engaged in our parish,” you are welcome too!
These sessions will take place on 2 Wednesdays of each month from November 2020 through April 2021, from 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. They will be hosted on GoToMeeting with this recurring link, but we ask anyone interested in attending any session to please complete this simple registration form for our own record-keeping.
Those dates are as follows:
November 11: Introduction and Overview
December 9: Theme 1 – The Holiness of the Young
December 16: Theme 2 – The Spirit of Synodality
January 13: Theme 3 – The Journey of Accompaniment
January 27: Theme 4 – The Now: Reality and Response
February 10: Theme 5 – The Gospel Message
February 24: Theme 6 – Pathways of Ministry
March 10: Theme 7 – The Wisdom of Generations
March 24: Theme 8 – The Call to Leadership
April 14: Theme 9 – An Invitation to Discernment
April 28: Theme 10 – Our Pathway to Mission
The Faith Formation directors will alternate serving as facilitators, using the NFCYM study guide Christus Vivit: The Pathway to Accompaniment as a resource. (It is also expected that attendees will have read Christus Vivit itself, freely accessible by clicking.)
We look forward to this rich series of conversations and hope you will join us!
Please find links to various digital youth conferences and events:
Coronavirus Resources for Youth Ministers
Below is a list of resources that we hope you can use during these uncertain times. If you know of a resource that you would like to add to our list, please let us know.
- YouthMinistry.com has prepared ideas, resources, and blogs for ministering to youth in this time.
- Marathon Youth Ministry created A Devotion of Healing and Love. This document states: "With our current circumstances it only seemed appropriate to develop a simple devotional to remind us that we are not alone during this season."
- Marathon Youth Ministry also offers a reflection on the impact COVID-19 can have on youth ministry.
- Download Youth Ministry is offering their Gold Membership for FREE for 60 Days to help youth ministers during this season of online youth ministry. Includes digital resources, events, activities and more!
- Fuller Youth Institute’s blog on “doing youth ministry during a pandemic” can be helpful to review.
Looking for more resources to use during this time of at-home and virtual formation?
Click the links below for resources for:
Other Resources for Young People:
- Life Teen https://summit.lifeteen.com/
- Steubenville Youth Conferences https://steubenvilleconferences.com/youth/
- EWTN Kids https://video.ewtn.com/kids/
- ORTV Mass – Mass on TV in the Archdiocese of Hartford https://www.ortv.org/mass.html
- Archdiocese of Hartford on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkcbvw3C-IeH3maqNOvYJA
- Ascension Presents https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVdGX3N-WIJ5nUvklBTNhAw
- Word on Fire https://www.youtube.com/user/wordonfirevideo
- You Cat https://www.youcat.org/
Resources for Youth Ministers & all those who work with young people:
- National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) https://nfcym.org/covid19/
- Life Teen https://summit.lifeteen.com/
- Catechetical Institute – Franciscan University of Steubenville https://franciscanathome.com/
- McGrath Institute – University of Notre Dame https://mcgrath.nd.edu/
- University of Dayton https://udayton.edu/
- National Conference of Catechetical Leadership https://nccl.org/
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops – Youth & Young Adult Ministry http://usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/who-we-teach/youth-and-young-adult-ministry.cfm
- Zoom Youth Group Games
Youth Protection Resources
- For Youth Protection resources from the Archdiocese of Hartford, please visit: http://archdioceseofhartford.org/protection-of-you...
- Resources on Youth Protection directly from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), can be found here: http://usccb.org/issues-and-action/child-and-youth...
- For national resources on Youth Protection including Church Sexual Abuse Resources, please visit the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry’s website: http://www.nfcym.org/youth-protection/
Rooting Youth in Service
Rooting Youth in Service is an interactive guide for engaging youth in meaningful service learning opportunities. This includes theological foundations, best practices and guidelines for organizing, implementing and following through with these projects. To download this guide, click here.
For more information contact:
Archdiocesan Director of Youth and Youth Adult Ministry
Office of Education, Evangelization and Catechesis
Tel: 860-242-5573 ext. 2678