Catholic School Faith Formation
Forming Faith at School
The Office of Education, Evangelization and Catechesis is deeply committed to helping teachers grow in faith in order to animate the mission of Catholic education across the Archdiocese of Hartford in every one of our Catholic schools. Faculty members at every Catholic school will participate in the following activities each year:
- A retreat day with your colleagues;
- Two half-days of professional development dedicated to adult faith formation;
- A full day of adult faith formation hosted by the OEEC and including teachers from across the Archdiocese.
To deepen your knowledge of the Catholic faith, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of further study. A 7-week, online course called “Catholic Faith & Tradition for School Teachers” is required of every Catholic school teacher. The course is offered through the McGrath Institute for Church Life at the University of Notre Dame. For more information and how to register, click here.
All catechists, catechetical leaders, Catholic school teachers, and everyone interested in deepening their faith are invited to take a an online course in theology or ministry through the McGrath Institute for Church Life at the University of Notre Dame. The Archdiocese of Hartford has a partnership with the McGrath Institute for Church Life which provides a 50% discount so that the cost of the course per individual is $49.50. Course participants gain a rich overview of Catholic beliefs and faith practices and grow in their personal faith.
Courses begin June 15
Courses in English
- A Preface to the Study of Scripture *New Course
- Catholic Faith and Tradition for School Teachers
- Core Course: Introduction to the Catholic Faith
- Faith and Science: The Catholic Approach
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Pro-Life Ethics in a Throwaway Culture *New Course
- The Art of Catechesis *New Course
- Christian Conscience and Ethics
- The Human Animal
- The RCIA: Can We Get the Rite Right?
- Women and Catholicism in the U.S.
Cursos in Espanol
For more information, contact:
Archdiocesan Director of Catechetical Initiatives
860-242-5573 ext. 2652