Catholic School Faith Formation
Forming Faith at School
The Office of Education, Evangelization and Catechesis is deeply committed to helping teachers grow in faith in order to animate the mission of Catholic education across the Archdiocese of Hartford in every one of our Catholic schools. Faculty members at every Catholic school will participate in the following activities each year:
- A retreat day with your colleagues;
- Two half-days of professional development dedicated to adult faith formation;
- A full day of adult faith formation hosted by the OEEC and including teachers from across the Archdiocese.
To deepen your knowledge of the Catholic faith, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of further study. A 7-week, online course called “Catholic Faith & Tradition for School Teachers” is required of every Catholic school teacher. The course is offered through the McGrath Institute for Church Life at the University of Notre Dame. For more information and how to register, click here.
All catechists, catechetical leaders, Catholic school teachers, and everyone interested in deepening their faith are invited to take a an online course in theology or ministry through the McGrath Institute for Church Life at the University of Notre Dame. The Archdiocese of Hartford has a partnership with the McGrath Institute for Church Life which provides a 50% discount so that the cost of the course per individual is $49.50. Course participants gain a rich overview of Catholic beliefs and faith practices and grow in their personal faith.
Courses starting this October:
- American Catholicism Since Vatican II: The Challenges of Change
- Apocalypse Then - Apocalypse Now: Reading the Book of Revelation
- Catholic Faith and Tradition for School Teachers
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Eucharist: Source and Summit of the Christian Life
- History of Christianity: The Early Middle Ages
- Liturgical Theology
- The Christian Conscience and Ethical Dilemmas: Guidance from the Catholic Tradition
- The Doctrine of Salvation in Jesus Christ
- The Gospel of John: The Book of Signs
- Theology of the Body
- The Six Tasks of Catechesis
Accompanying Youth on Their Journey of Faith and Discernment
The OEEC is partnering with the Center for Ministry Development to offer a workshop guided by the Synod on Young People, the Faith, and Vocational Discernment.
This workshop will explore accompaniment as our model for ministry with youth and their families, and engage participants in practical ways they can support young people in discernment and prayer.
For more information click here.
For more information, contact:
Archdiocesan Director of Catechetical Initiatives
860-242-5573 ext. 2652