Archdiocesan Summa Scholar Award
Archdiocesan Summa Scholar Award.
April 23, 2018
East Catholic High School, Manchester
Xinyue Cai, Gabrielle Caron, Liam Horan-Portelance, Evan Kennedy, Anna Morson, Clara Mund, Benjamin Ockert, and Matthew Veretto
Holy Cross High School, Waterbury
Somina Darko, Caitlin Dreher, Caitlin Kinsella, Jillian Noack, Madison Smith, Wen Ting Zheng
Lauralton Hall, Millford
Caroline Favano, Juliana Gonzalez-Rey, Caitlin Lynch, Grace Murray, Julia Elizabeth Petalcorin and Lily Wald
Northwest Catholic High School, West Hartford
Molly Conway, Alex Kanya, Calla Kremidas, Kayla Randolph, Dyan Rispoli, and James Rybczyk
Notre Dame High School, West Haven
Matthew Murillo, Joshua Norton, Liam Nuttall, Rueben Reyes, Cristopher Seeland, and Anish Thite
Sacred Heart Academy, Hamden
Maia Jakubowski, Arushi Khanna, Eunji Lee, Meredith McConnell, Laura Mocciola, Audrey Seyfied, and Amy Ziobron
Sacred Heart High School, Waterbury
Micahel Austin, Thomas Greene, Erin Keeley, and Jenna Madigan
St. Paul Catholic High School, Bristol
Fulvio Aliberti, Minji Choi, Alena Hauer, Katie Pauloz, and Nicole Wroblewski
- For the Archdiocese of Hartford Office of Education, Evangelization and Cathechesis to personally recognize the students, parents, and teachers who have committed exceptional time, energy, care, and love in the pursuit of superior academic achievement.
- To recognize Catholic elementary or secondary teachers selected by the summa scholar. Each teacher selected has dedicated his/her life to education and has made an impression on the summa scholar’s academic success.
Qualifications and invitation of the summa:
- The summa scholar represents the top 5% of his/her graduating class in terms of outstanding academic achievement from freshman year to the close of the first semester senior year, based on the cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- The summa scholar recipient may be a transfer student.
- The President/Principal of the high school identifies the summa scholar to the Superintendent.
Qualification and invitation of the teacher:
- Each honored student selects one teacher from a Catholic elementary or secondary school in the Archdiocese of Hartford to be recognized.
- The Superintendent will send an invitational letter to the teacher to attend the Summa Scholar Award and Reception.
Awards and Reception:
- The Provost for Education, Evangelization and Catechesis and Superintendent of Catholic Schools presents a medallion engraved with the crest of the Archdiocese of Hartford to the summa scholar.
- The summa scholar presents an Archdiocesan certificate of recognition to the teacher.
- Photo opportunities will be available.
- A reception follows the award ceremony.